<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

The things they do look awful cold 

I’m getting old. Want to know how old I am? I can remember Live Aid, and even thought it was pretty cool that Phil Collins played both concerts. I used to own the first “Now That’s What I Call Music”. On double LP (that’s vinyl, kids). I’m even older than my car, which is a classic. I’ve got children – two!

Still, I reckon the comment I got from a colleague the other day was a bit harsh. In reference to the fact that Counting Crows are playing Cape Town:
“You aren’t going are you? You’re too old for concerts!”
Pah. I went last time they played here, although I may have been the only guy in the audience who recognised the Gram Parsons song they played. As it happens, I’m not going, but not because I’m too old. It’s just so hard to get a baby-sitter.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?