<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves 

I note that Michael Schumacher, the world's second richest sportsman, has donated $10 million to tsunami disaster relief. Good on yer Michael. Now, who is the world's richest sportsman, I hear you ask? Tiger Woods of course. Where is his mother from? Thailand.

My faith in human nature suggests that either Mr Woods prefers anonymity, or I missed the news item. Either way, I think the Bill Gates / Ted Turner style competition as to who can give the most is a great thing. Will someone please explain to our premier league footballers that a god given talent to kick a ball is simply the opposite end of the scale of fortune from a tidal wave? Hopefully they can work the rest out for themselves. Hopefully.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?